Tuesday 18 June 2013

Best of the B's.... Review - L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminize BB Cream!

I've been on a bit of a hunt to find the perfect BB cream.
I really like a natural looking make up, so the idea of a BB cream really intrigued me.

However I soon realised, that most of the "western" BB Creams are mostly suitable if you belong amongst the people with common skin tone and type.

I been through a lot of BB cream samples, and they all been the wrong shade for my fair skin and some of them have also irritated my skin.

The best one I found was the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream.
However this is a very light fluid consistency, and I really wanted to try a BB cream, that was thicker and more like the original BB creams.

A while back, I heard Amarixe talk about this BB cream from L'Oreal.


I was sure, it would be to dark for my skin, but after trying it on my hand in a shop, I saw, it adapted to my skin tone very well.
So I decided to order it online (it was much cheaper).

Consistency:
This BB Cream is very thick in consistency - exactly like I wanted.


Shade and coverage:
It looks very dark compared to my skin, but as I said, I do think, that it blend really well and adapt to my skin tone.

The coverage is very light - probably lighter than other BB creams.
But this also means, that it is super lightweight, and it pretty much just feels like a moisturiser.


Effect:
As the name suggest, it gives a very luminous look.
Probably so much so, that I would not recommend it for oily skin.

Staying power:
The staying power is actually quite good, and at the end of the day, you skin still looks fresh and perfected.

Better together:
Even though I think, it is an okay match for my skin and I like the look and staying power, I have found that in combination with two other products, it is as good as perfect!

I use L'Oreal Smoothing Resurfacing Primer as a base and then I mix a bit of Rimmel Match Perfection in Light Porcelain in with the BB cream.
To apply it, I have found that using a brush (like the Real Techniques Buffing brush) gives the best result.


The primer makes it go on more smooth, take away a bit of the shine and make it last though sweat and rain all day.
The light porcelain foundation creates the perfect shade and gives a bit more coverage.

I'm quite sure, that this will be my go to base for the summer!

Conclusion:
It is by far the best BB Cream, I have tried.
However even though it is oil free, I do think, it is best for normal and dry skin.

It only comes in two shades, but because it is very adapting to your skin tone, I would presume, that most people will find that one of the two match them.
And if not a few drops of a lighter/darker foundation will do the trick.

Unfortunately I'm not able to commend on the effect it has one dark spots or the other benefits it claims to have.
I have only bought and used it as a make up base.
However I do feel that it hydrates my skin and best of all it hasn't broken my skin out or irritated my skin in any way.

Price and where to buy:
It retails for £ 14,99.
So it's a bit more costly, than other high street BB creams, but it is well worth it.
Also if you are a bit more patient than me, it is often on offer together with the other L'Oreal skin care range.

I got mine on feelunique.com, as it was cheaper than in Danish stores.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...