Thursday 1 November 2012

Porcelain Doll... Review - Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation in Light Porcelain!

Who would have thought, that there would be a foundation, that would be to light for my fair skin??!!
But that is nonetheless the fact with the Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation in Light Porcelain.

But except for the fact, that the colour match isn't quit right, let me tell you, what my thoughts are on this foundation.

This is the new version of the Match Perfection foundation.
I have never tried the old one, but as far as I know, this is the first foundation from Rimmel which comes in this light porcelain shade.
I think it's a great idea to bring out a high street foundation for very fair skin - So thumbs up to Rimmel for that one :-)
The formulation and smell:
It's a very light foundation, that is runny without being to thin in consistency.
This makes it very easy to blend and it's not streaky at all, when applied with a brush.
The smell is very fruity and it's very similar to the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations.
That is probably not for every one, but I really like the smell.

Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation in Light Porcelain.
The promise:
Traceless coverage with Advanced Smart-Tone Technology reveals a perfectly flawless you, no matter what the light. 
From the bathroom, to work, to the pub, your natural colour never changes. 
Completely conceals imperfections with no foundation line, no makeup mask. Enhanced with Sapphire Radiance for an illuminating glow that never falls flat. 
Natural, flawless coverage with a fresh finish.  Lasts all day.

Lets see if, it lives up to that promise:

Before:

Just applied:

It's way to light for my skin tone, but actually after a few minutes is kind of adapts to your skin tone.

After a few minutes:
Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation in Light Porcelain.
It's still to light, but the change is very clear.

The conclusion:
I really like this foundation, and in my opinion it lives up to it's promise.
I did really se it adapt to my skin tone and it do give a flawless light coverage.
And the perfect dewy finnish I love.

I can't comment on the staying power, as I haven't worn it alone for a whole day.
I use it with my other to dark foundations, which really gives the perfect result.
So I'm thinking about getting the next shade up in this foundation.

All in all, I think it's a great foundation. Probably one of the best high street foundations I have ever tried.
However if I should wish for one thing, it would be, that Rimmel brought out a shade, that was between this Light Porcelain and the Ivory shade, which would probably be the perfect match for me:-)
But hey, at 7 pounds each, I can buy both shades without getting ruined.


2 comments:

  1. wow, you have flawless skin! do you have blogpost on skincare regime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really try to take care of my skin, but if it was up to me, I would be much better.
      But I actually have plans to do a skincare routine (both day and night), so look out for that:-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...