Sunday 17 March 2013

Prime in pot... Review - L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Smoothing Resurfacing Primer!

Recently I reached the conclusion, that I would never get on with the bareMinerals Prime Time primer, and decided, that I needed something else.

This time I wanted to try a high street brand, so I went for the L'Oreal one, which I have heard good things about.




Packaging:
As you can see, it's pot and not a tube, which I really do prefer.
However it's a small and very compact pot.

Consistency:
It's about like a mouse, but quite thick and hard.
This makes it a little hard to blend and also I use more product.


How it works:
It's a very mattifying primer, so it will probably be good for oily skin.
It evens out the skin quite well and minimises pores.

Before and after
Before and After applying L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Smoothing Resurfacing Primer.
Lasting power:
 I look for two things in a primer - pore minimising and makes my make up last longer.
Because it is quite mattifying, it does make the make up last very well and keeps the oils away all day!

Conclusion:
Because I like very dewy skin, this probably isn't the perfect primer for me.
So I have to add something on top to make my skin more glowing.

Also I realised, that price-wise it isn't actually cheaper than high end primers.
you get 15 g which is around 0,5 oz at around £ 14.
In my quest for a new primer I also got a high end one, which was £ 20 for 1 oz, so actually the L'Oreal one is more expensive, even though it's suppose to be high street!

However if I look only at the product, I do actually really like it.
It makes my make up go on very nicely and keep it looking good.
And I think it will be great for summer, when my skin is more oily.
However because of the price comparison, I will probably not run out and buy it again, when it runs out.

So to sum up:
- Not crazy about the packaging.
- Think it's a bit to mattifying for my taste, but think that this makes it perfect for summer time.
- Think the price is to high, as it's a high street brand.
- However it do the job of pore minimising well and have good lasting power.
- Probably perfect for people with oily skin.
- All in all more impressed, than I was excepting to be.


If you want to know, what I think of the high end primer, I got - Stay turned, review coming up soon :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...