Monday 10 August 2015

Be a Hero… Review & Swatch - MAC Heroine Lipliner & Lipstick!

If you are into a statement lip - look no further.
MAC Heroine is the ultimate statement lip colour - a dark sultry purple.

I like a red lip, and I do often swing that way, but I really like to rock the boat bit and go for something a somewhat more spectacular, and MAC Heroine is just that.

MAC Heroine Lipliner & Lipstick.
As far a I'm informed the lipliner is a newer addition to the MAC collection of lipliners, but when I heard about it, I was ready to go all in a get both the lipliner and the lipstick.
You could probably do only the lipstick, but as with most darker lipsticks, it is just plain good common beauty sense to use a lipliner, even though Heroine is a matte.

The lipliner is a bit lighter and more "pink" than the actual lipstick.
But it creates a great base for the lipstick and help me make my lips just that bit larger (without going Kylie Jenner all out).
It is quite firm, which is definitely a plus with a dark colour like this, but still soft enough to fill in the lips without any issues.

I always heard, that the MAC mattes are very drying, but I really don't feel like this one is.
It is quite comfortable on the lips, and as it a matte, it lasts for a while - however not through eating!
 It does tend to emphasise the dry on your lips a bit, but as the colour is so dark, you barely see it.

I think MAC lip products are good, not amazing, and that includes these two - what really makes MAC lip products, stand out, are often the colour.
I absolutely love the colour of Heroine and find it quite unique, so this absolutely the case with these.

This probably shouldn't be you first MAC lipstick purchase, but if you are in the market for something a bit different and unique, this is a good way to go.
But remember - less is more, so pair it with a simple eye, preferable just mascara and maybe a bit of liner.

If you feel like this is just a tad to dark, you could also go with another of my MAC favourite Up the Amp.

So I give it a 4 on the rating scale, mostly for the colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...