Thursday 27 March 2014

If you dare… Lipstick Love - MAC Up the Amp!

When we go bold, we often go red.
But as I have mentioned before, I'm not that crazy about red lipstick on me, even though I do go there from time to time.

I was however for while on the hunt for purple lipstick, and after some search though and a lot of swatching at the drugstore, I had to realise, that my search would only be able to end at MAC.
Because after seeing Claire Marshall video about her favourite MAC lipsticks (if you haven't seen it, you should really do so, it is fantastic!), I fell in love the Up the Amp and there was no drugstore dupe.

MAC Up The Amp Lipstick
As you probably be able to see, the lipstick look somewhat darker on me, but that it probably because I'm a lot lighter in skin tone, than Claire.

However I love this lipstick, and it has become my favourite statement lipstick.
I always pair it with a neutral eye look, to make sure, that the lips do the talking:-)

It is an amplified finish (not that I really know, what that means, someone please educate me!), but it is very moisturising and does not sit in lines or highlight dry lips.
I love the high pigmentation and the kind of satin look.

Also it wears really nicely, just turns into a berry lip stain.


I know, I kind said before, that I think the MAC lipsticks are way to expensive, but this one kind of convinced me, that they are worth the money, and it will probably not be my last MAC lipstick - A girl have the right to change her mind… about lipsticks :-)

I hope, you enjoyed this little post. Give this lipstick a try, if you dare and are just a bit tried of reds.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...