Monday 16 June 2014

Silky Oil… Review - The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil!

After quite a long affair with the butter/balm cleansers as my night time make up remover, I'm now back to my old love affair - the cleansing oil!

After trying The Body Shop Cleansing Butter and hearing amazing reviews on this one, I decided to get this instead of repurchasing the butter cleanser.
Because I have switched my night time cleanser to a balm cleanser, I thought it would be better with oil make up remover then balm cleanser, instead of double balm - does it make sense? :-)


It is very similar to the other oil cleansers/make up removers, I have tried, in the way that it dissolves make up with ease (you do have to rub on the eyes a bit though) and then lather up, when water is added.

However it is also very similar to The Body Shop Butter cleanser, as this, as I mentioned in the review changes to a oil when in contact with body heat.
They also smell exactly the same - a smell I do really like, but as I mentioned in my review for the butter, probably not for every one.

It is fine for my sensitive skin, but it can blur you vision a bit, if you get to much in your eyes.

When all this is said, I have to also compare it to other oil cleansers, I have tried.
When I do this, I still have to highlight the MAC Cleanse Of Oil, that even though it has been quite a while, still stand out as my favourite - also after trying this one!
The MAC does, as far as I remember, just dissolves the make up, especially the eye make up, easier.
And as I'm in Denmark, where The Body Shop is ridicules overpriced, they aren't that far a part price-wise.

I don't think, I will rebuy this one, I like it, but I like the MAC one better!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...