Wednesday 29 January 2014

Butter up part II - Review - The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter!

A year ago I discovered the wonder, that is a butter cleanser with the Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser.
It has been my go-to make up remover this past year.

Recently The Body Shop came out with their version, which is more budget friendly.
And when I last ran out of my Antipodes one, I decided to give it a go.


I love the metal, kind of old school packaging and love that it is a screw on lid.

The smell is lovely as well, but not subtle, so maybe give it a sniff before buying it, if you are sensitive with scents. 

This is very much like coconut oil in the way, that it turns into an oil, when in contract with the heat from you fingers.
This is different from the Antipodes one, which stays solid and you have to apply it to wet skin to be able to distribute it.
I like this feature, but I did also use an oil cleanser before starting using a butter cleanser. 

As with the Antipodes one, I do only use it as make up remover and I do use a gel cleanser afterwards.
I don't think it leaves you skin oily in a way, where it is off putting or to much, however it might not be for people with extremely oily skin.

I think it works really well as a make up remover, and it is gentle enough to use on my eyes as well, and I have really sensitive skin around my eyes.

It do the job, but I'm not blown away, like I was with the Antipodes one.
Somehow that one didn't only remove my make up, it also left my skin feeling so great - to the point where I didn't want to apply anything else after using it.
This one doesn't give that feeling.

However if money is tight, and you just want it for make up removing, it does get my stamp of approval and I will probably repurchase.

However next time I really want to try the very raved about Emma Harding Cleansing Balm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...