Thursday 17 January 2013

Butter up... Review - Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser!

So as you might know, if you have read some of my other posts, I have quite sensitive, but also dehydrated skin.
I'm always on the look out for clean, gentle products, that won't dehydrate or even better hydrate my skin.

So when I heard about the balm cleanser, I was very interested in trying one out.
However the Emma Hardie one, even though rave about, was bit to pricey for my taste, and also didn't have the "clean" factor, I like!

But then the brand Antipodes started popping up on a lot of blogs, and they do this butter cleanser.
So when I got some money for Christmas, it was the first thing, I ordered!



It's certified organic, and a look at the ingredient list, do let you know, that it very natural.
(I actually understand and know almost every ingredient, that doesn't happen to often!).

As you might guess, I had quit high hopes for this product.
I'm very happy to say, that I wasn't disappointed - Not at all!

Texture and scent:

The balm is quite soft, but stays solid until you rub and warm it between you fingers.
The smell is probably not for everyone, but I really like it.
It's very natural and pharmacy like, but still a sweet scent.
(I'm very bad at describing scents, but this is really hard one to describe!).


I really like the packing, because it's not to big or bulky.

How I use it:

I have used it instead of my oil make up remover.
I wasn't sure, if it would work for eye make up as well, but until now, I haven't had any problems.

I wet my skin a bit, and then with dry fingers take a pea size amount.
Rub it between my fingers and then massage it into the skin, starting with my eyes.
It doesn't irritate my eyes or my skin at all.

Then I take a wet cotton pad to remove the eye make up, which the butter cleanser dissolves, so that it's easy to remover.
After than I take a damped wash cloth and rinse of the rest of the balm.


The result:

It just leaves my skin feeling so great, that I actually feel bad about having to go over it with my gel cleanser and face brush afterwards.
It cleans perfectly and leaved the skin soft and glowing.
Fortunately this feeling does last also after the other cleanser.
Actually all the way to the next morning :-)

I so impressed with this products, and it's probably my biggest skin care product find - EVER!
I know, that I will be keep using this for a looong time.

Also it really made me curious about other Antipodes products.
I have just ordered a cleanser, and will of course let you know, what I think about that one.

But it have actually made me more curious about skin care in general, and I have decided, that 2013 is going to be "The Skin Care Year".
This is also a result from the fact, that I really don't have room or need for any more clothes or make up for that matter (so new purchases in those categories won't be overwhelming - but lets be real, they will still occur :-)).
But skin care, I can do with some new products and discoveries :-)
So if you have any suggestions or favourites, do let me know!

Oh BTW, Antipodes can be bought at Feelunique.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...