Friday 22 June 2012

Water vs. Oil.... Product battle - M.A.C Cleanse of oil vs. This Work Clean Skin 5 in 1 Water.


There seems to be two groups in the online beauty community, when it comes to make up removers.
Those how love the oil and those how love the water.

So I through, why not compare the two and let you know, what I think

The Oil           VS.         The Water

I have very sensitive eyes (as well as skin), so I have used oils to remove my eye make up for many years. First baby oil and later almond oil or Jojoba oil.


So when I heard of M.A.C Cleanse of oil, I couldn't wait to try it.
So I have used that, not only for eye make up removal, but for all over make up removal, for a while now.
I love it and the fact that it's an all in one!

But the past months, it has been all about the Bioderma cleansing water.
So of cause I was curious.

Then I saw FleurDeForces post about the This Work 5 in 1 Water.
In the post she wrote, that it should be the more "clean" version of Bioderma, and that she found it better than Bioderma.

One of the issue, I have with the M.A.C cleanse of oil is, that I do prefer more "pure" product, and a look at the back, tells you, that it isn't.
So I decided to try the This Works in stead of Bioderma.

How do they work?

M.A.C Cleanse of Oil:

I use it on dry skin, two pumps, massage it into the skin and gently at the eyes.
It does actually feels like, it melts the make up of.
Then I put a little water on my fingers and mix it with the oil on my skin, and that makes the oil "lather" up and turn into a "normal" cleanser.
I remove it with a cotton pad, and if I have a lot of eye make up on, I might need an extra pump for the eyes.

It can make you sight a little blurry, but it will go away with a few blinks, and I don't find, that it irritates my eyes in any way.

Afterwards you skin feels clear, but still hydrated.
However I do still feel, that I need to use a proper cleanser afterwards.

This works 5 in 1:

This is a water, so you have to use a cotton pad, and then just wipe you make up of.
I find, that I have so use quite many pump and two big cotton pads to get all of my make up of.

Also it's to harsh for my eyes.
I have used it for a week now, and even though the irritation is only for a while, I'm not going to keep on using it on my eyes.

And it's do also take a bit more effort, to get of the face make up of, with this one.

Oh, and I hate the packaging of this product!

Conclusion:

I definitely prefer the oil, when it comes to taking of make up.

But for the lazy days, where I actually haven't worn make up, but just want a fresh up in the evening, I prefer the water.
But I think the This Works is a bit pricey for that purpose!

But now I got it, so I will use the M.A.C oil for eye make up and the 5 in 1 water for face make up.
But I think it's to big a hassle to have two products for make up removal, so I will not be rebuying the 5 in 1 or trying out any other "water" product in the future!

However I'm still wanting to find a more "clean" cleansing oil, so I'm thinking to try out the Bio Beauty Make Up removal - Gentle oil, which is organic and almost 100 % natural.
But if you have any other suggestions, I would love to know:-)

(Please note, that this is my personal opinion and that it's reflected by the fact, that I have super sensitive eyes, and is mainly written to help others with the same problem :-))

Keep it cool <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...