Monday 26 November 2012

Doll Lashes?... Review - Lancôme Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara!

If you read my "Hi, I'm a mascara hoarder" post (see it here), you will know, that I really like the original Hypnose mascara.

So when one of my favourite danish fashion magazines had an offer, where you would get the Hypnose Doll Eyes together with a subscription, I couldn't resist.


I really had high hopes for this mascara, maybe a bit to high!
In my opinion, that is no point in bringing out a new product, if isn't better, that the first one!
And this is the case for this mascara - I definitely prefer the original Hypnose mascara.


I really like the brush, and it's easy to use.

Lets look at the result:

Before:

After:

I don't think, it's a bad mascara, and when I look at the picture above, I think it looks all right.

The problem is, that I had very high expectations, which it didn't live up to.
So I'm glad, that I haven't paid full price!

I don't think it works well as neither a volume or lengthening mascara!
But should I pick one category, I would say, that it's a lengthening.
It definitely don't live up to its name and give the doll eye effect, I expected!

Should I get a Lancôme mascara again, I would get the original Hypnose.
 Also I think, that L'Oreal lengthening mascaras are better than this one (see my reviews here and here).

So I kind of changed my mind and decided, that Dior is still my favourite high end brand for mascaras.
However it has been quit a while since I last had a Dior mascara, and I have tried a lot of mascaras since.
So if I got a Dior one today, maybe it wouldn't be at all like I remembered - who knows?!

All in all, I have reached the conclusion, that even though, I haven't found the perfect high street mascara, I like a lot of the ones, I have tried, and I think, they are just as good as the high end ones!

If you are wondering, my favourite high street mascaras to date are Revlon Grow Luscious, L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic and L'Oreal Voluminous x5.

In the near future I'm review Rimmel London Scandal'eyes Show Off mascara, so keep a look out for that, if you interested in my thoughts on that one.

So this turned into quit a long "mascara-talk", hope you found it informative.
If you have any mascara suggestions for me, please let me know:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...