Sunday 17 April 2016

Moisture Search Part III … New Moisturiser Search - Korres Almond Blossom Intense Moisturising & Nourishing Cream & Nuxe Rêve de miel Ultra Comforting Face Cream!

So the search continued for the perfect moisturiser, because even though I did find some okay ones in my last bunch, none of them was "the one".

So I moved on and had very high hopes, that I would finally find the one!
Keep reading for the results of this third part of my search.

Korres Almond Blossom Intense Moisturising & Nourishing Cream // Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra Comforting Cream
When I saw that Korres had launched a new moisturiser for dry to very dry skin, I was so excited that this could be the replacement for the Korres Watercress Moisturiser, that I loved.

Unfortunately it didn't really turned out the way I wanted (see below), so after testing the Nuxe Rêve de Miel Moisturiser in desperation on my skin in a store, I decided to give that one a go as well.


Korres Almond Blossom Moisturiser for dry to very dry skin - where to start?
There are so many things not to like.
It has a gel-like texture, which really doesn't feel nourishing on the skin, the way I like.
It doesn't irritate my skin, which is a plus and it does also leave the skin moisturised for a while, however it feels more like a film on the skin, than a good layer of moisture.
But my biggest dislike with this products is, that it "rolls" and crumbles of the skin, which makes it pretty much impossible to apply make up on top and even when not wearing make up it leave the skin looking weird with little balls of the cream all over.
I was so disappointed by this one, I really thought it would be the one.

But one good thing came out of it, because in my time of despair, I found the Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra Comforting Cream.
First of all I love, that the packaging is plastic and I was so happy, that it didn't have the same orange scent as the lip balm - this have a more floral/fresh spring garden scent.
It has a lovely almost whipped texture, making it light and fluffy and nice to apply.
It feels great on the skin, because even though it leaves the skin feeling very hydrated and somewhat "wet", it does not feel sticky or like a film over the skin.
And there are absolutely no irritation with this one.
However I still would have loved it just to do a little bit more, because at the end of the day, my make up do gather at the dry patches and my skin feels tight - so I'm thinking that it will not be enough in the colder months, where my skin is even dryer.

I'm kind of losing hope, that I will find the absolutely perfect moisturiser (even though the Nuxe is so close, and will probably also be the one I repurchase).
Because of that and because I found the whole Rodial face oil and moisturiser combo work really well, I have decided, that I will try to find a really hydrating oil based serum, when Winter comes around.

But for now, I am really enjoying the Nuxe moisturiser and it gets a 4 (really leaning towards to a 5) on the Rating Scale.
The Korres moisturiser really disappointed me, and I don't even feel, I can use it on lazy home days, so I'll give it a 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...