Wednesday 6 April 2016

A Trial Run… Review - Rodial Stemcell Superfood Discovery Kit!

I love these kind of try-out kits, so when I saw this Rodial kit on sale at a Copenhagen Department Store, I was very quickly making my way to the till with it.

I have never tried any Rodial products and the brand has never really been on my radar, but I have heard good things and I knew, that it wasn't cheap skincare.
And from the description of this line, it sounded just up my street.

I have now after about 3 weeks come almost to the end of this little kit and is ready to report.
Rodial Stemcell Super-Food Discovery Kit 
The kit includes a cleanser, muslin cloth, facial oil, day cream and a multi balm.
To make it easy, I'm going to go through each product separately.
But first lets just talk a little bit about this Stem cell thing - it is not like a human stem cell thing, but according to Rodials own website "advanced stem cell technology from the PhytoCellTec Alp Rose".

Stemcell Super-food Cleanser
This is kind of a mix between a cream cleanser and a balm cleanser.
I have mainly used it in the evening as my second cleanse and it does leave the skin soft and cleansed, but it do also sting the skin of my cheeks a bit - and it does not leave my skin feeling as great as my Oskia Cleanser.
I have tried out as a mask once and it was fine, but still sting on my cheeks and didn't do a major difference.

Stemcell Super-food Facial Oil
I would normally use an oil like this in the evening as a moisturiser, but the directions actually said to use it in the morning before the day cream, so I did.
And this combo is amazing - leaves the skin looking so glowing, healthy and really moisturised.

Stemcell Super-food Day Cream
Together with the facial oil, this is a great daily moisturiser, however unfortunately it do not work for me without the facial oil - so I'm thinking, that it is the facial oil, that really does the difference.
It has a lovely kind of fluffy texture, that I really like.

Stemcell Super-food Glam Balm Multi
This is more balmy and luxury version of my beloved Weleda Skin Food.
I've used every evening as my nighttime moisturiser and where most oils, balms etc. I put on my face at night disappears in no time, I can still feel this on my skin the next morning.
It really sooths and intensely hydrates the skin and leave it so soft and without any dryness.
I absolute love this one and even though it is quite similar to the Skin Food, it just has this little bit of extra something.

So all in all I was very impressed with this set and the only thing, I would not buy again is the cleanser.
So the balm gets a 5, the facial oil and day cream a 4 and the cleanser a 3 on the Rating Scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...