Tuesday 22 March 2016

Ultra Simple Face… Review - Kiehl's Ultra Faciel Toner & Ultra Facial Cleanser!

I have a kind of love/hate relationship with Kiehl's skincare. I love both the Midnight Recovery Concentrate and Eye Cream, but the Ultra Facial Moisturiser didn't work for me and irritated my skin.
But after getting some samples of these two in a gift set for Christmas, I was ready to give them a proper try.

I did only get the travel size, but they are very generous and great for a thorough test-run.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner // Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
I actually don't use them together - I have been using the cleanser as my morning cleanser instead of my beloved Lavera Cleansing Gel.
The toner I use in the evening to spare my more expensive Caudalie Beauty Elixir.

The cleanser is very comparable to the Lavera Cleanser in it being just a simple and efficient cleanser.
However it has a very lovely texture, which start out very thick and creamy and the more water you add it turns into a foamy joy.
You skin feels really cleansed, but without being stripped or dried out - just like it promises.

The toner goes back to the old-school pour on a cotton pad way, which I really like.
Because nasty as it might seem, it makes it easy to see if you actually cleansed properly.
It doesn't give a huge amount of hydration, but leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth.

Neither of these products will make a huge difference for your skin, but they do the job and very well I might add.
I love the packaging and the "no-scent" scent is really pleasing.

Both of these will stay in my skin care routine and especially the cleanser has become a firm favourite.
They are great non-fuss, simple products, which are actually suitable for sensitive skin.

The toner gets a 4 and the cleanser a 5 on the Rating Scale.
So my love/hate relationship with Kiehl's has turned towards the more loving side.

Do you have a favourite Kiehl's product?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...