Thursday 31 March 2016

Mud Face… Review - Sephora Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying!

Oh, I love the Internet and especially the beauty/fashion community on the Internet.
If it hadn't been for the beauty community, I would never have bought this one.
I have had some luck with the Sephora Skincare line in the past, but still I would probably never have reached for this one.
But when I heard it was a good dupe for the Glamglow (which I haven't tried though) and I saw the price, I decided, there really was nothing to loose.

I have now been giving it a good try for a couple of months and it ready to report.

Sephora Mask Purifying & Mattifying
This look, feel and smell like straight up grey mud, which I do actually enjoy, but it do make it quite a mess to remove (I use a flannel wash cloth).

It really reminds me of the old school mud masks and it formulated with Zinc, which I remember was a firm stable in mud mask back in the day.
It also has copper and white mud.
This ingredients are suppose to purify and soften the skin.

I was bit scared how my skin would react to this one, as it isn't in any way targeted toward dry or sensitive skin - and I did also get a bit worried, when I first applied it, as it did "tickle" quite a bit in the beginning. As it was "burning", I decided to give it a chance and after 1-2 minutes it stopped.

There are a bit a of redness once it is cleansed of, but the skin is not irritated or soar in any way.
I do however go in with a good oil or my Weleda Skin Food afterwards. You could also do a moisturising mask after.

I live with the bit of redness or dry out skin, because this mask really deeply purify the skin - leaving it looking fresh, clean and smooth.
I haven't been as regular with it recently, but I used it every week, when I first got it, and back then I noticed the pores on and around my noose looking more "cleansed out" and also less visible.

I think this is a good mud mask, which does help with purifying and really cleansing out the pores.
However it is also harsh on the skin, so I can't just use it whenever.
So when I have skin issues such as very dry skin, this is not the way to go and I'm limited to using it only once a week even when my skin is fine.

I like this mask and will continue using it, and it did definitely surprise me positively .
It gets a between a 3 and 4 on the Rating Scale - probably more leaning against a 4, as it does exactly as it promises, it is probably just not the best fit for my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...