Thursday 17 December 2015

From start till end… Review - Pixi Glow Mist & MUFE Step 1 Hydrating Primer!

As I mentioned a million times before, I do have a problem with dry skin especially this time of year and also quite dull-looking skin. So I'm always drawn to products, that could help out in that department - also in terms of make up application.

The MUFE Hydrating Primer has been on my wish list for a while, but the Pixi Glow Mist was a total impulse buy.

I have now been trying them out for a while and are ready to report to all you fellow dry skin people.

// Pixi Glow Mist // MUFE Step 1 Hydrating Primer // 
The Pixi Glow Mist is a multi-use product, that can be used both before and after applying make up. As well as being a "freshen-upper" during the day.

The mist does have a oily layer, so you need to give it good shake before use. But I don't really think it feels oily when on the skin.
I see a noticeable difference to my skin, when I apply it before my base - it just gives the skin this beautiful awake and fresh look.

Once the glow mist has dried down a bit, I apply the MUFE primer. It is white gel-like light cream, that feels really cool and nice on the skin - it doesn't really dry down and do leave a bit of tacky feeling on the skin.
The foundation applies really nice on top though, but it does not smooths out or fill in pores, so this primer is more for the fresh/natural look - I do however use it for every occasion, but if I was really longing for a more flawless base, this wouldn't be my go-to.
It adds to lasting power of your make up, but not in any extreme way.
I do like it, but I don't love it - I would have liked it to give my skin a bit more of a "punch" and be a more perfecting to the skin.
However I have still being enjoying and using it pretty much every day and will keep on doing so.

Depending on my mood, I use the glow mist, when I have applied my foundation, concealer and powder but also as a final step.
It doesn't have as fine a mist as other make up setting/fixing sprays, so it doesn't do as good a job at meshing everything together.
However in terms of as a "freshen-upper" during the day, I think it is really great and really do renew your make up. So all in all I'm really impressed with this products.
I see, why many people might be scared of from this mist because of the oil content, but I don't think there is any need for that.
If you like a fresh and glowing look (without glitter), this is perfect for perfect for you!
If you have more oily skin, you might just want to spray it onto a make up sponge and then dab it onto your face, to be able to better control it.

I giving the MUFE Step 1 Hydrating Primer a 3 on the Dodo Rating Scale - I like it, but I will probably not run out and buy it again straight away, when running out of it.
I will probably try out the Nourishing one next and should most likely have gone with that one this time around - that's what you get from not doing proper research and just going with you "feeling".

The Pixi Glow Mist is a bit more difficult to rate - I really like it and is quite impressed, and would probably re-purchase right away, but somehow I'm not sure, it is all the way at a 5, so I'm going to give it a big 4 (really close to 5 though).

What it your favourite primer or make up setting/fixing spray?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...