Monday 21 December 2015

A little green wonder… Review/Rave - Weleda Skin Food!

I've mentioned this little fellow a few times before, but somehow I still don't think, I have given it quite the love it deserves.

So that's what I'm doing now.

I've been a fan of Weleda products for years - The do simple, clean and affordable skincare and there is something for every skin type.

So when I heard about this one, I didn't give it much thought before putting it in my basket.

It is a very thick and heavy duty cream - however in comparison to many other "wonder-creams", that claim to do the same, this is still a cream and not a balm.
I can be a bit tricky to distribute on the skin because of the thick texture, but if you warm it up a bit between your fingers, it is fine.
It has a very medicinal scent, which isn't my favourite, but I don't hate it.

This is a really good multi-use products - where you have dry skin, you can use it.
I use it mostly on my face, which probably to some seem a bit scary. But I have really found that it help with my dry patches.
I spread a generous layer all over my face at night instead of night cream or oil.
However as it is really intense, you can also use it as a spot treatment, by applying it only to dry patches.

However the ways of use are endless.
Apply it to dry patches on your body, I have used on my elbows and seen such a difference.
I have also used it as a lip balm and on the high points of my face to create a subtle sheen for an everyday natural make up look.
Only your imagination and needs set the limits.

I have experienced no irritation or break outs, but I would probably be a bit careful with using it on your face, if you have oily skin.

I really can't live without this little fellow, and he has definitely achieved holy grail status.
So of course it gets a HG on the Dodo Rating Scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...