Thursday 24 September 2015

Matte Masquerade… Review - L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation!

First of all, sorry I missed Mondays post. I rarely have anything pre-written and I was really not inspired to write anything - and this still is just a hobby.

Today I'm coming to you with a review, that have been in the works for quite a while.
I got the Infallible Matte foundation back before the summer as a result of the major hype surrounding it.
I would normally never even take a look at a matte foundation, but when some of my fellow dewy-natural-foundation-loving-people on the Internet talked great about it, I had to give it go.

L'Oreal paris Infallible Matte Foundation in Porcelain.
I used it a few times before going to the US on holiday, but then kind of just left it.
Recently I saw another positive review on it, so I gave it another go and are now ready to give you my option.

I going to start with the positive.
I really like the tube packaging, it is really handy - why don't all foundations come in a tube!?
Also the shade range is quite good for fair people like me - this, the lightest shade, porcelain is actually, as you can see, a bit to pale for me right now.

So that is pretty much the only positive, I have to say about this foundation - yes, you got it right, I'm the one person, that do not really care for this foundation.

I have dry skin and even though, this is not a heavy foundation, it still doesn't sit well on my skin, no matter how much, I moisturise and use a hydrating primer.
I agree that it have a very nice matte finish, that isn't totally flat or cakey, but still it is way to high coverage and "fake" looking for my liking.
I have tried every form of applicator - brush, fingers and beauty blender. I do find, that a wet beauty blender (as used here) is the best way to go, but this is not a foundation, that blends easily or flawless into the skin.

Lastly I don't really give much for the 24 hours claim - during the day it gathers and emphasise dryness and pores on my face.

All in all this didn't work for me at all.
I recognise, that if you have more normal to oily skin and want a high coverage foundation, this could be perfect.
But to be honest I actually prefer the picture above, where I have no make up on over the one with this foundation.
I don't have perfect skin, but I don't think the answer is total coverage or literally applying a mask of foundation, instead I prefer perfecting the skin, I have.

I know a lot of people love this foundation, and everyone should do, what they feel are right for them.
However if you do have dry skin and are considering to try it out - I really wouldn't recommend to do so.
The same stands, if you prefer a more natural look - no matter what people might say, this is not in any way natural!

For the reasons above, I can only give this L'Oreal foundation a 1 on the Rating Scale - but still keep in mind this is based on my very personal opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...