Friday 21 August 2015

Mix It… Review - Cover FX Custom Cover Drops!

First of all, sorry I'm a bit late on my Thursday post. I had my last exam before doing my thesis yesterday, and I hadn't pre-written anything.

If you have seen any of my previous post about foundation, you will see, that I'm quite into mixing.
I do it for multiple reasons, firstly to get the most out of my foundation collection, but also to get the coverage, finish and shade, I want.

So when I first heard about the Custom Cover Drops, I was very intrigued - it really spoke to the mixer in me.
I have now been trying it out in several combinations, so that I can give you the most comprehensive review.

Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in N10
Lets start with the packaging - I'm not a fan.
The idea it great, but the execution is messy (as you can probably see from the picture).

I got the lightest colour N10, it is only a tad bit to light, so I can use it to lighten darker bases, but also mix it clear bases, such as primers and moisturisers.

One thing to bear in mind, that I know, others have also mentioned, is that it only gets a good a lasting power, as the other base you mix it with.
So I recommend using a primer first no matter the mixture.

You can do anything from 1-4 drops depending on how much coverage, you want to add.
I had to realise, that for me more than two drops are to much, as it makes the whole thing a bit to heavy and have a tendency to sit in my pores.
For that reason I do prefer mixing this with a dewy light/mid coverage foundation (like the Neutrogena Healthy skin) for a flawless finish or a moisturiser (I have been using my sunscreen, for double-duty) for a light everyday look.

I have also been mixing it with primers, but for me, that didn't really work - again it gave a kind of dry look with it gathering in the pores and on dry patches.

I have to say, that for me, the best results have been with mixing it with the sunscreen, which really surprises me and really wasn't the purpose, I got it for.

I'm really not overly impressed by this product, and it will not be a re-purchase for me.
I enjoy using it, but I'm just not wow'ed in any way.

However if you like a more matte finish and high coverage, this could probably be a good one to add to your collection - but it is definitely not a must, and I don't see the hype surrounding it.

So this can only get a 3 on the rating scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...