Thursday 6 August 2015

Goodbye Darkness… Productbattle - It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye and Maybelline Eraser Dark Circle Brightener!

I don't normally have the a huge issue with dark circles, however jet lag and lack of sleep, when we arrived to the U.S. really changed that.
However it was kind of perfect as it gave me the perfect opportunity to try and truly test these two products claiming to be a wonder for dark circles.

Bye Bye undereye is what you would categorize as "heavy-duty" - even when squirting it out, you feel the thick and what initially seems like a tough and sticky texture.
But something magical happens when you apply it and start blending, it just melts into the skin - leaving you with a really well covered up under eye area, but without looking cakey or unnatural.
It does have a slight tendency to crease, if not set properly, but it is really a minor detail.
For these reasons, it was an absolute life savior for my dark circles at the beginning of our trip.

The Eraser is much more light - to the point where it feels like nothing when you apply it.
This also means that it only needs a minimal amount of blending and it really just looks like skin.
It really doesn't need much setting to stay in place all day.
However because of the lightness it does not cover as well as the other, but it is perfect for slight correcting and to make the area look bright and awake - Something that I also really appreciated with my jet lag in mind.
It also do a good job at camouflaging my under eye bags, which is a bigger problem for me normally.

As you can see from the swatch, they are quite different in tone, the Bye Bye Under Eye is more yellow and the Eraser is clearly pink-toned, as it is the brightener.
However I don't really feel, that it makes me prefer one over the over - both do a great job, just in slightly different ways.

So I can't and I won't pick one - I think, they are both amazing.
I go for the Bye Bye Under Eye, when I want more coverage and a really flawless look, but tend to reach for the Eraser on a more everyday base, where I need a less coverage, but want that brightening effect it gives.

Both have made it into the top of my concealer bunch and I'm really sad, that neither are available in Denmark.

I give both a huge 5 on the Dodo Rating Scale.

What is your favourite under eye concealer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...