Monday 24 August 2015

Brow-isimo… Review - Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade & NYX Tinted Brow Mascara!

I always had, what you could say to be a love/hate relationship with my brows.
During my teen years I hated their unruly state, and it seemed like an almost impossible task to tame or even start plucking them - so I just let them be.
Something I'm really happy about today, as I see so many "over-plucking" cases.

Today I really try to embrace my unruly/wild statement brows and for that I'm always looking for products to help me achieve just the right look.

I got some really good ones in the US, that I wanted to share with you.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe - NYX Brow Mascara in Blonde
I have quite dark brows, but as I'm a blond, I try to lighten my brows up just a bit with my brow products.
So I got the Dipbrow in Taupe and the Brow Mascara in Blonde, and they work really well with my blond hair.

The Dipbrow is kind of a mousse texture - you really shouldn't go in with the brush directly from the pot to your brows, as it picks up way to much product.
I put a small amount on my hand with the brush, then clean the brush off and pick up a little product from my hand - this makes it so much easy to work with.
With that said, this is not an easy-going brow product, like the Anastasia Brow Wiz, which I still turn to, when I'm in a hurry.
You should take you time with this one, but once you get the hang of it, it gives you beautiful defined brows.
I start my "mapping" out my brows, because no matter how much I try, my brows just refuse, not only to be sisters, but even to be in the same family.
By mapping out the shape firstly, I try to make them somewhat even.
Then I brush through them with the handy wand, which distributes the products, I used for mapping through the brows and finally I fill them in where needed.

When that is all done, I go in with the brow mascara.
I really like the unruly look, so I brush the hair, at the front of my brows and all the way to the arch, upwards. This look probably isn't for everyone, but I really think it creates a more natural look.

I still love my Anastasia Brow Wiz, but for the days, where I have just a little extra time, I reach for these two.

The NYX Brow Mascara is definitely the best, I have tried so far - it tames and gives a bit of colour without make the brows crispy or tint them a weird unnatural colour.

So if you are into brows, you need this combination in your life.

These two both get a 5 on the Rating Scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...