Thursday 23 July 2015

Bite my lip… Review - Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencils!

Welcome to the first of many reviews of one of my many U.S. purchases.

Unless you have been living under a rock (at least if you are somewhat beauty interested), you will probably have heard about Bite Beauty, and from the get go, I have been really intrigued about this natural brand.
So of cause I had to give their stand in Sephora a look.
I have really been liking the Nars Lip Pencils, so after doing a lot of swatching, I decided to go with one of their lip pencils, and as you see, I had to go back and get another one.

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencils in Meritage and Amarone
These are as the name suggest very highly pigmented lip pencils.
Besides that they are very creamy and moisturising and feels incredibly comfortable on the lips.
The finish is a velvet with a hint on shine - the finish and texture makes them glide very nicely onto the lips, even when chapped. 

I went with the colour Meritage first, Sephora describes it as brick red. But as you can probably see on the picture, it is far from brick red on my lips (maybe somewhat on the swatch)
It is more like a "your lips but better" rosy dark nude.

Next I fell in love the colour Amarone - described as a raisin berry by Sephora, which is probably a bit more fitting.
I would though probably say it is more a vibrant berry on my lips, as I don't really see the raisin.

Both are beautiful "me" colours and all together the colour-range of this line is very good - probably just as well they are not available in Denmark, otherwise I would need them all!

The lasting power is not like a matte lip pencil, but I actually think they last pretty well.
Best of all - they make my lips look great.

I really enjoy these, and I'm going to make the bold statement, that they are better, than the Nars Lip Pencil (they are a cross between the Nars Satin and Velvet Matte pencils).

So I will have to give them a 5 on the Rating Scale and give them my highest recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...