Sunday 2 November 2014

Velvet Lippy… Review - Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil!

I saw these first, when I was in London, but didn't really take notice.
But after hearing Lily Melrose raving about them and realising, that they were actually available in Denmark (Shocker!!), I decided to try one out.

I wasn't super amazed by the first I got (minimalist), but it still spiked my interest and I every time, I went by a Maybelline stand, I swatched Berry Much, and in the end, I had to have it.

Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Minimalist & Berry Much.
At first the packaging was definitely a turn-off. Because lets be real, it kind of looks half used!
But is is actually very clever, as it is super compact and has the added bonus, that there is a real chance, that I will actually finish them.

I really love the velvet feel - they are comfortable to wear, but not still have really good lasting power and looks great on the lips.
And application is super easy with this lip pencil shape.

Minimalist has a bit of shimmer, which I could have been without, and it makes it a bit more gritty and dry on the lips.
But besides that it a beautiful easy-to-wear peach pink.

Berry Much is very compatible with high-end versions, and I really love it.
The perfect autumn/winter deep berry lip.
I find that this one is best applied with first one layer, then blot and then another layer, but even then, you do have to be a bit careful when eating, as it do have a tendency to smudge a bit.

I'm really impressed by these lip pencils, and as always this leaves my wishing, there were more colours in the range.
There is one other shade (a bright red), I'm eyeing up, but the selection is really limited.

However I would definitely recommend trying these ones out!

I'll give Minimalist a 3 and Berry Much a 4 on the Dodo Rating Scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...