Saturday 13 September 2014

Skin Hydrators… Product Battle - Caudalie Vinosourse Serum vs. Antipodes H2O Intensive Serum!

The Caudalie SOS Thirst Quenching Serum has been a staple in my skincare routine for quite a while.
But a few months ago, as I was running low, I decided it was time to try something new, however still something, that did the same.

I have a really love/hate relationship to Antipodes, some of their products I adore and some of them, not so much!
But I really liked the sound of this one, so I wanted to give it a try.

They pretty much claim to do the same - give you skin a good injection of hydration, so I thought a product battle was needed!



To start with, I'm not that into these kind of droppers in products, it can so easy create a mess.
I did have an accident with the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery oil, which cost me a third of the product!
However it is a minor detail, and if the product inside is good, I'm not that bothered, I just don't get why brands choose it.
The smell is like other Antipodes products, so very medicinal and herbal, and to be noted also quite strong.
Right from the first time I used it, I had problems with it - the biggest one being, that I couldn't use it on the skin around my eyes, because it irritated the skin there. Granted, my eye area is very sensitive, but I have never had this problem with the Caudalie one.
And I never really felt, that it did a huge difference for my skin.

However it wasn't so bad, that I didn't feel, I could use it.
But I decided to go back to the Caudalie one, once I had finished it, and have now been using this again for a few weeks.

I prefer both the scent, which kind of smells like fresh cucumber, and the packaging with the pump.
You instantly feel the hydration, when to apply this light white liqied to the skin, and I often let it really sink in, before I apply my moisturiser.
At the end of using the Antipodes H2O, I did feel that my skin wasn't looking to good, it was red and irritated.
But just a few weeks after going back to Caudalie, my skin is looking healthier and more plump, and as I haven't changed anything else, I give the credit to this serum.

Price-wise they are both around the £ 29,- mark, so not a budget breaker.
However neither are they a budget buy, and because of that I feel, that only the Caudalie is really worth the money, which is probably no surprise from the above.
You can the get Antipodes here and Caudalie here.

Rating:
(see The Dodo Rating System here)

Antipodes H2O Intensive Skin-Plumping Serum will get a 2
Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum get a 4,5, I would give it a 5, but even though i love it and will repurchase, it is not a wonder product, so a 4,5 seems more fitting.

So if you are looking for a hydrator for your skin at a somewhat reasonable price, the Caudalie Vinosource Serum is the way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...