Tuesday 29 July 2014

If There's a Nail God… Review/Rave - Sephora Formula X!

If there is a nail god out there, I'm sure he/she would be the one, that sent these my way.

I heard about this line, when they were first launched, but didn't really think much of it, as I was in the UK at that time, and didn't have access to Sephora anyway.
For a long time, after coming back to Denmark, I passed them up on my regular trips to Sephora.
However that was until one my absolute favourite Youtubers Essiebutton gave them the stamp of approval.

On my next trip to Sephora my eye fell on Over The Top, unfortunately it was sold out, and it turned out to be quite the hunt to get it - but I finally did, and I haven't looked back since.

Formula X System and Polishes in A Little Sexy, Over The Top, Thrilling and Brazen.
Not only is Over The Top a wonderful summer polish, but more importantly it lasted a whole four days on my nails with my old base/topcoat duo.
If you know a bit about me and my nail polish story, you will know, that I have a hard time getting my manicure last much more than a day and a half!

So after reading the reviews on Sephora.com, I decided to try out the Formula X System as well.
This consist of a cleanser, base coat and topcoat.

The cleanser is a light almost water-like liquid, that smells a bit like cucumber.
I have never used anything like this, but I kind of think, that this is a step, that have made a big difference, because my problem mainly is, that the whole nail of polish just lets go of the nail, so that I can peel it of in one go.
This takes away all oil and preps the nails for the base coat.

The base coat is the orange one, I really like, that each step is a different colour, so that you don't have to read the bottle.
The base coat is light and easy to apply and dries quite quickly.

After using my polish of choice, I go for the topcoat.
It dries just as quick as other fast drying topcoats, and leave the nails shiny, but not glossy in the way that Seche Vite does - I much prefer this shiny look to the glossy look.
It do have a slight tendency to bubble, and you do have to be careful not to layer to much on.

This three-step system has changed my manicure life - now I only need to do it 2-3 times a week instead of up to 5 times a week.
Because now my manicure lasts me a good 3-4 days, and this is also with non Formula X polishes.
And I actually need use nail polish remover now, as I can't just peel it of!

I have also extended my polish collection quite a bit since my first purchase.
So today it includes A Little Sexy (Metallic Lavender Blue), Thrilling (a perfect nude) and Brazen (Blue-toned Barbie Pink) in addition to Over The Top, which you can see in action here.
However only Thrilling and Brazen seems to be part of their permanent line.
I have a whole wish list, so more will for sure come, and in the future, when I have certain nail polish shade in my head, I will always go to Formula X first.
They are not the most affordable polishes, but not super expensive either, price-wise they are the same level as Essie in Denmark, but cheaper than Nails Inc. and OPI.
And no matter what, they are worth every penny to me.

Lets end with a bit of appreciation of the packaging, I really like the two-lid-system, and the square shape with the white lid is super chick - unfortunately their special effects polishes have black lids, which I think isn't as pleasing for the eye.

If you want to check out this line, you can get more information here or here for France or in your nearest Sephora.

Have you tried the Formula X, and if so what is you favourite one?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...