Wednesday 25 June 2014

A Pleasure Tool… Review - Foreo Luna Mini!

I have been lusting after a Clarisonic for - well as long as I have known about it.
But there were some issues, that kind of meant, that I kept on postponing getting it.

Firstly, it wasn't sold in Denmark until recently.
Secondly, it is quite an investment.
And thirdly it is not a one time investment, as you have to change the brush head every so often, which would also have been kind of a hassle, when it wasn't stocked in my home country!

But then last year this bad boy hit the market, and I got an instant must-have feeling.
Actually even more, than I ever had with the Clarisonic - the whole look and idea behind it, just intrigued me.
Probably partly because it seemed to be the electronic version of the Sephora Exfoliation Disc, that I loved at that time (which is still in my opinion a great very budget-friendly alternative)

Foreo Luna Mini

If you read my Dear Santa Christmas Wish List post, you will know, that I asked for it for Christmas.
I did really want to get it, back when I first came to the UK, but I had shopped a bit to much, to make the investment, and therefore decided, it would be a great Christmas wish.

Even though this is also quite costly, it is nothing near the Clarisonic.
In Denmark, the Clarisonic is now available and cost DKK 1695,- for the MIA 2, the Foreo Luna Mini retails at DKK 898,-. So almost half the price.
And the added bonus, it is a one time investment, no need for changing the brush heads!

I have of course never tried the Clarisonic, and can therefore not compare them, but I really doubt, that it is twice as good.
Actually I have heard that this one is more gentle, so for my sensitive skin, this was probably altogether a better choice.

I use it in the evening after having removed my make up.
I use it with a balm or butter cleanser, and it makes the skin super soft and very radiant.
I apply the balm/butter cleanser to the skin, wet the Foreo and then just start cleansing, I add more water as I go.
It tells you when to move on to next section of your face and when to stop, which can be very handy in the beginning, until you figure out, what works for you.

So what do I think?
I have, as you can probably figure out, used it for quite a while now, but I wanted to be absolutely sure about my opinion before talking about it.

When first starting using it, my skin kind of freaked out - but this I did expect, as I know that it is often the case with these kind of electronic skin cleansing tools.
After a week or so my skin returned to normal.

I have to admit, that it wasn't a wow-experience, such as I heard people feel about the Clarisonic.
I didn't experience a huge difference in my skin, but still enjoy using it, because I feel, that it give my skin a good deep clean and I loved the vibrations on my forehead after a long day.

So the big moment, where I realised its worth, actually came when I didn't use it for a few day.
I had several periods in end April/start May, where I stayed at home a lot and didn't wear make up, so I didn't really do my skin care routine.
I didn't break out, but my skin just turned a bit "rough" and looking a bit red and unhappy!
When getting back into the swing of my skin care routine again and using this daily, I saw an immediate change.

So to sum up, I do really feel like, it has been beneficial for my skin.
In addition hereto, I really love using it and feel my skin is so much "cleaner" and smooth afterwards.

So even though I got it as a present, I would say, that it is worth the money - especially as it is a one time investment.
However if you are not a major skin care nerd, you could probably live just fine without it :-)

Should you however still have been intrigued, you can buy it online at the Foreo Website (where you can also get more information) or on ASOS.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...