Sunday 11 May 2014

Prime in Pot Part II… Review - Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch!

I have still to find my absolute perfect primer.
I really like both the L'Oreal Studio Primer (which I have gone through two pots of, it is great for the warmer months) and the Daniel Sandler Primer, but not blown away.

I have heard several people rave about this Clarins primer, especially emphasising, that it isn't "primer-like".

So when I got the chance to get a good discount on it, I decided to give it a go.

It is hard not to compare it to the L'Oreal Studio primer, not only because of the packaging in the pot, but also because at first glance, they look very similar.
However the L'Oreal Primer has a much more mousse-like consistency and apply much more matte, than this one, which is more smooth and cream-like in texture.
And even though it do apply matte, it is not totally mattifying, more just smoothing!

It does smooth out the skin very nicely and feel light on the skin and non-clogging.
It creates a very nice base for your foundation, but I do prefer also adding a illuminating primer.
And I'm sorry to say, that for me, it doesn't have the wow-factor, where I really notice a difference in how my foundation applies.

Also I haven't noticed any longer staying-power of my base, when using this.

It isn't a bad primer, but not a wow, and I would probably rather try something else, than repurchasing this one.
(I'm very intrigued to try the new Kiehl's one and I am also using a Smashbox sample one right now, that I think, I like better).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...