Saturday 2 March 2013

Doll face?.... Review - Dainty Doll Now That I Found You Liquid Foundation in Light!

In my search for a good foundation for fair skin, I have read and heard a lot about Dainty Doll.
I really wanted to try the liquid foundation, but though that £ 22 was a bit steep.

But then recently my favourite discounted make up web shop got Dainty Doll products.
And they had the foundation at £ 5, which I though was quite a bargain.

I don't know if Dainty Doll is going out of business, because it was quite a discount.
And when I look online, the brand is discounted every where.
However I looked on their website and there were no information about them going out of business.


The packaging gives a great first impression.
So cute and slick.

Besides the packaging, I unfortunately don't have much good to say about this foundation.

I got the shade 002 light, which I unfortunately could see right away, would be to light for me.
(after trying this one, I'm actually thinking, I might be 004 dark).
But it's my own fault, I gambled, because I couldn't find any good swatches online.


The consistency is very think, not at all like the foundations, I normally use.


With this consistency, you would think, that it would have quite heavy coverage.
But actually I would say, that it's only mid coverage.

This consistency makes it very hard to blend (I tried with both my fingers and a brush).
Also it sits in every little scar, pore and dry spot.

So it ends up looking very unnatural and patchy, and my skin feels weird and sticky!

Before and after:


It has a very nice sheen to it, which does actually means, that it photographs quite nicely.
But I promise you, the close up isn't pretty.

And I think, I look quite Marie Antoinette-like!

The conclusion:

All together I'm very happy, that I only paid £ 5, because I'm probably going to bin it after a short while.
It even f***s up my foundations, that are a bit to dark, which I normally mix with Rimmel London Match Perfection is Porcelain.

So I would not recommend this foundation at all!

If you are very fair, Rimmel Match Perfection in Light Porcelain is a much better choice.

If you however are still interested, I got mine on lovecosmetics.com.

However I also got two Dainty Doll Blushes, which I'm glad to say, I'm much happier with so far.
Review and Swatches for these will be coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...