Saturday 2 February 2013

Spray and stay.... Review - Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray!

I have been wanting to try a makeup setting spray for while.

I really don't care for the powdered look, especially not in these cold months, where my skin looks dull as it's!
So I really try to stay away from powder, but I still have the need for some kind of setting - because some how my make up really just doesn't stay to long!

So when Beautybay had their winter sale, I got the Urban Decay All Nighter.


If you have read my earlier reviews about primers, you know, that I have a problem with getting especially my face make up to stay.
I really don't know why, it's not because I get overly oily, it just kind of wears of!

For the moment I'm using bareMinerals Prime Time for primer (see my review here), it's okay, but it hasn't become a HG.

So I was thinking, that adding this setting spray to my routine might do the trick.

How I use it:

On recommendation of youtuber missglamorazzi, I spray it both as the first thing before applying my make up and as the last thing!
And I do really think, I make a difference using it before as well.

What it promises:

Make up looking just-applied for 16 hours.
Makes make up moisture-resistant.
Cooling technology.

So do it live up to it's promise?:

Lets start with the first one - It do not make your make up look just-applied for 16 hours!
However it do make my make up last longer.
But within a 5-6 hours my blush, contour and highlighter is almost gone and after 8-10 hours my foundation.
However it's not in a patchy way, so it looks fine all day.
However am I going out after work for example, I would touch up my blush etc.

I do see, that it probably do make my make up a bit more resistant to moisture.
which really help with the make up wearing of evenly instead of patchy.

The thing, I like the best about this product, is probably the so called "cooling technology", it really feels very refreshing, and it makes my skin look very dewy and glowing.

Love the packing of this product!
So how impressed am I?:

No overly - I had higher hopes for this product.
But I probably have to realise, that there is no wonder product, that will make my blush stay all day and all night!

But I do like it, and I would probably repurchase it, because even though it's not the result, I was hoping for, I do think it makes a difference.

Would I recommend it?:

Well that's actually a hard one.
It's not "raving product" for me, but I wouldn't say, that you shouldn't buy it.
Just don't think, that it's a miracle product, that will keep your make up flawless all day or night!
But as an alternative to powder, it's a good product.

So I hope this was helpful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...