Monday 17 December 2012

Make it stick... Review - bareMinerals Prime Time Oil Control Primer!

It wasn't until a year ago, I really understood, that I needed a primer.
I don't have super oily skin, but somehow, face make up just doesn't last very long on my skin.
Also one of my big "issues" are very noticeable pores.

I started with a crap one from Body Shop, which actually made my skin oily.
Then I tried the original Too Faced Primed and Poreless, which I did like.
So when the oil-free version Pure came out, I got that one (see my comparison of the two here).

But a while ago, they increased the price with 33 %, and even though it's a very important step in my make up routine, I wasn't overly excited with it, and therefore didn't want to pay that price!

So I searched the marked for an alternative, and ended up with the bareMinerals Prime Time oil control.


I really like the packing.
It's simple and I really like, that it's a pump instead of a tube!


The product:
The consistency is very different from the normal primer.
At first however, it looks like a normal primer, a clear gel - Very much like the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure.
But once you get your fingers in it, it turns to a kind of liquid.
It actually reminds me a lot of a hand sanitizer, lucky without the terrible smell.


I just use my fingers to apply it, just like a face cream.
And then it's important to let it dry - Which I didn't realize at first.

The result:
It evens out the skin very nicely and make the make up last quit good.
However keep your fingers of your face during the day, it do have a tendency to make you make up rub easy of your face.

I know, that it's suppose to be used with mineral foundations, but I think it works fine with my liquid foundations.

Conclusion:
I'm not in love, and still got the feeling, that there is something better out there.
Any ideas?

However I will use it, and I do actually prefer it to the Too Faced ones.
Both because of the price, but also because it doesn't have the silicon feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...