Sunday 10 February 2013

Skin Hallelujah?... Review - Antipodes Hallelujah Lime & Patchouli Cleanser!

In my review for the Antipodes Butter Cleanser, I mentioned, that I had ordered an Antipodes "normal" cleanser.

I have now had some time to try it out, and want to share my thoughts.


I do actually swear by my Lavera Cleanser, but I really wanted to find out, if there might be something better out there - maybe in at a higher price tag.

And after being so impressed with the butter cleanser, I though this cleanser from Antipodes might be the way to go.
Packing, scent and formulation:

Again I'm not to crazy with glass packing, and this is also quite big and bulky.
However I do love, that it has a pump.

At first the scent seemed very much like the butter cleanser, but after some time I realized, that it has more of the herbal pharmacy scent, and less of the sweet and fresh scent, which I'm not to happy with.

I didn't realize, that this was a cream cleanser, and had I known, I would probably have thought an extra time about ordering it.
I do not care for cream cleansers, I know, that they should be better, than a gel cleanser, but I have always used gel cleanser, and do prefer them.

As with the butter cleanser, it's very pure and it's certified Organic.

How I use it:

I used it at night for the extra cleanse, after I have used the Antipodes Butter Cleanser to remove make up.
I use it with my small electric face brush, and that works okay, but I do prefer gel cleanser with it.



What it promises:

"To purify and uplift."
"Suitable for most skin conditions."

How I got on with it:

Unfortunately I have more cons than pros for this product.

Firstly I'm not sure, I think it's doing a very good job at purifying, because I have had small breakouts, especially on my chin.
Nothing mayor - but still a purifying cleanser shouldn't cause break out!

Another problem I have with this product is, that if I apply it directly to my skin, it does make the skin on my cheeks sting.

For the pros, I do like, that it doesn't strip my skin as much as a gel cleanser (not that I feel, that the Lavera one does that to much any way).
Also I have seen that my skin has looked a bit more refreshed and alive - But that could also be because of the butter cleanser!

Conclusion:

I not up in the air, like I was with the Butter Cleanser, but then again, that one is a hard one to beat!

I've not found my new HG cleanser - I will definitely be using my Lavera cleanser every other day from now on, to try to avoid the break outs.

And most important, I will not be repurchasing this cleanser.
However I will try to use it up!

I have a hard time coming up with a skin type, that this cleanser is better for than mine.
Maybe normal skin?

So now I have had one hit and one miss from Antipodes, however I haven't given up hope, that there might be other Antipodes product, I will fall in love with.
If not, I'll always have my Butter Cleanser :-)

Should you however still be interested, you can buy the cleanser here at £ 21. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...