Friday 27 May 2016

Muddy Mood… Spring/Summer Nail Inspiration Part I

I really try not let myself get carried away by all the beautiful nail polishes available, and only allow myself to get a maximum of five new polishes per season - and my new nail polish storage also helps with this, as I have very little spare room left in it.

This spring season I have actually limited it to three new polishes, however they all kind of fit in to the same family - consisting of more muted almost muddy shades.

However I have also been drawn to another shade-family as well as an easy nail art, so I'm doing this little series with the nail "trends", I have been and will be rocking this Spring/Summer.

But lets start with the "muddy" ones.

// Essie Maximillianstrasse Her // Essie Angora Cardi // H&M Spellbreaker //
Essie Maximillianstrasse Her is quite the cult classic, and it has actually been on my list for quite a while, but for some reason I always passed on it.
But this dusky grayish green it fits perfectly into my muddy mood, so this time around I didn't leave without it.
It is definitely my new nail polish favourite and a go-to, whenever I'm in doubt.

On the same shopping trip, where I finally gave into Maximillian, I also got Essie Angora Cardi, mainly because I felt they looked really good together.
The dusky dark mauve is far from the typical warmer months shade, but I think it adds so much chicness to the nails and goes with pretty much everything.

H&M Spellbreaker does not photograph as muted as the others, but in real life it is much more of a muddy pink, than it shows here.
But if you feel like the more muddy ones above are a bit to dusky, this is good one to get you started.

So these were my first picks for a Spring/Summer nail.
Come back soon for the next one in this little series, where things are going to light up a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...