Thursday 7 May 2015

New In Nails… Review - Nails Inc. re-packed and reformulated!

Nails Inc. recently changed their packaging and came out with some new collections.
Nail polish is my addition, so of cause, I had to get me some.


Nails Inc. Swan Street - Nails Inc. Lily Road - Nails Inc. Notting Hill Gate - Nails Inc. Duke Street
The New White
If you saw my April Wishlist, you know, that I was quite eager to get my hands on the New White polishes.
Short thereafter, they were restocked on Beautybay, and I wasn't going to pass them up that time.
So I got Swan Street (the mint) and Lily Road (the baby pink).
As they are pastels, you need three coats with both of them, however Lily Road does go on more opaque on the second one, than Swan Street.
However I don't mind the need for three coats, because they dry quickly and goes on like a dream - so no streaking or weird patchy look.
I would really have liked Lily Road to a bit more "white", but I have to say, that it looks more pink in the picture, than in real life.

The Old One in new packaging
When I got the Nailkale polish, Beautybay was doing 25 % of, when you bought two Nails Inc. polishes, so of cause I had to find a second one.
I have had my eye of Notting Hill Gate for years, so it seemed only natural to get that one in the new packaging, to see how it compared to the old one.
I really like the new packaging - it is very heavy and substantial, but not suitable for travelling though!
The silver cap is just for show, but the black cap underneath which hold the brush, is just the right size.
The new wide brush makes all the difference in application, and without knowing it, I do think they have also reformulated the content, because it just seem to go on more smooth, than my old Nails Inc. polishes.
However I have to say that this and the New White polishes did chip a bit quicker, than say, my very much loved Formula X polishes.

The Nailkale
When I first saw the Nailkale polish in Duke Street on Nails Inc. Instagram, I got an instant need-moment.
I really love these muted lilacs, and this is just perfect.
I do actually see a slight difference in the application and the wear of this compared to the other Nails Inc. polishes.
So even though it might seem quite gimmicky, it do actually seem to have an effect.

So these were my thoughts on the new Nails Inc., all in all I think, that they are great even though they are a bit on the pricy site - Formula X is still my go-to (even though they also upped the price), but if Nails Inc. come out with unique colours, I wouldn't probably get more.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...