Sunday 9 November 2014

Nothing Compares… Product Battle - Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Highlighting Pen vs. L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Concealer!

My mom never really managed to teach me economic responsibility, cooking or in general good housekeeping (not that she didn't try) - however she did very much succeeded in teaching me the value of Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat!

I can't remember, when I got my first one, but as far back as I remember, it has always been a part of my routine. Even when this mainly consisted of a bit of powder and mascara - this was of course long before I got beauty obsessed.

L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Concealer in Light and Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in no. 1

However it is quite a pricey little item, and that was okay, when it was one of the only items in my make up bag, but now that my make up collection and needs are a bit more extensive, I of course wanted to see if, I could find a cheaper alternative.
I decided to give the L'Oreal Lumi Concealer a try - mostly because it has the most similar packaging.
Unfortunately this is very the similarities end.

As you can see from the swatch, the Lumi one is a more yellow tone, where Touche Eclat is more pink/salmon.
For concealing the under eye area and giving this fresh and highlighted look, the salmon really works best.
In consistency they are also quite different.
The Touche is a bit thicker and more creamy, where Lumi seem a bit watery and light, which also means that the Touche has a better coverage and just sits better on the skin.
Lastly where the Eclat pretty much stay put all day and doesn't gather in the fine lines, the Lumi has a tendency to crease.

So if it isn't clear from the above, I definitely don't think the L'Oreal Lumi is nearly as good as the Touche Eclat.
However it is not bad, and I have been using it most days and saving the Touche Eclat for special days.

If money was not an issue, I would always get the Touche Eclat and use it every day and I don't see a future, where it is not part of my make up bag.
But I will also keep hunting for a good drugstore alternative.

Do you know a good drugstore alternative?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...