Friday 17 October 2014

Brow Compare… Product Battle - Soap & Glory Brow Archery Tint & Pencil vs. Pencil & Brush!

The past year Soap & Glory Brow Archery Tint & Pencil has been my go-to brow product, and I didn't really think about trying anything else.

But when I saw, that they came out with a new version, which very much resembled the very hyped Anastasia Brow Wiz, I put it on my London shopping list.

 And of course I had to do a comparison between the two.



I have Love is Blond in the Tint & Pencil and Blondshell in the new Pencil & Brush version.
Both are a great, not to warm-toned ashy shades.
I have very dark brows, but as I have light blond hair, I always go for the lighter option, so I can actually make them a bit lighter with the pencil.
I often find, that more affordable brow products are a bit to warm and red, that is not the case with these, they are very similar to high end options shade-wise.

I have never really used the tint end of the original version, and always wished that it had a brush instead - so because of that, the new edition was already somewhat ahead.
I know, that a lot of people love the tint option, but for my from natures hand more bushy/wild and somewhat sparse brows a pencil with a bit of waxy texture is the only way to go and a tint just doesn't do it for me.

It would have been easy for Soap & Glory just to make a new version with the same pencil with a brush instead of the tint, but instead that made a whole new product, where they in my opinion also perfected the pencil.
The original versions pencil it much thicker than the new version, which has a very small and fine nip.
This allow you better control and makes it easier to make small and fine strokes, which gives a more natural look.

The downfall with this very thin pencil is, that it is very fragile - I got two of them, when I was in London, but when taking the pictures for this post, I discovered that the pencil in my back-up had broke:-(

I still like the original version, and do alternate between them.
But if I go to London again and have to stock up, I would only get the new Pencil & Brush version, as it fits my needs much better and also gives a more natural result.

Both are great affordable brow products (£ 10 for the Pencil & Tint and £ 8 for the Pencil & Brush), so it actually all comes down to, what you prefer and what makes your brows look their best.
But the Pencil & Brush is definitely my favourite.
Buy them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...