Wednesday 13 August 2014

Second Skin… Review - No 7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation!

When I heard, that this was a dupe for the Chanel Vitalumiére Aqua Foundation, I was all over it.
It was my first high end foundation, and if it wasn't for the price-tag and the fact, that even the lightest shade wasn't a perfect match for me, it would probably have stayed my favourite - it was just good skin in a bottle.

So of course I was very eager to see if did actually compare, and if it actually came in a perfect shade for me. 

No. 7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation in Calico
I got the lightest shade Calico, and I was so hoping, that it would be the perfect fit, but I do feel, that it is just a tad to dark. It doesn't look like it in the picture, but in daylight it is.
However as it is a very neutral undertone, it is okay, and it can be blended in to a stage, where it is okay, however I do prefer mixing it with a bit of Rimmel Match Perfection in Light Porcelain instead, to create a perfect shade.
However I don't really get, that a brand which is English, where a lot of people are very fair, don't have a perfect shade for them fair ones.
And as it is a bit more pricey at £ 14,50, I really would have have preferred it working alone.

But when that small minus is over and dealt with, I have to say, that I really love the finish and feel it gives.
It is a dream to blend in, which is done best with the Real Technique Buffing Brush.
It is a light coverage, but totally buildable without getting cakey.
It feels like a second layer of skin, and the finish is very much a satin, not normally the finish I go for, but with this one it works, because it is very natural and light - it just gives this "good skin" look.
And the lasting power is also really good.

I absolutely adore this foundation, and with one of the regular Boots no. 7 vouchers, it actually gets very affordable.
However I still wish, that they would do a lighter shade, if so it would be an staple in my my foundation collection.

It is for sure on my recommend list.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought this in calico - finally conceding that I need more coverage on my blotchy skin, flaky skin :) BB/CC creams weren't enough, to time to step up my game.

    I'm amazed at how natural it looks - good skin in a bottle indeed! Sincerely delighted to have found it - and the immediate confidence it has given me. I don't have to choose between cakey or raw.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...