Tuesday 15 July 2014

Velvet Vibes… Review/Swatch - Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lipsticks!

To be honest, the whole matte lip isn't really my thing - I do like the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 107, but besides that, I often go for a more glossy look, probably because it makes my tiny lips look more luscious:-)

However I always get intrigued, when brands launch these hybrid lipstick/gloss things, so of course I had to try the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets.

Bourjois Velvet Rouge Editions in Peach Club & Pink Pong
I got the shade Pink Pong first, which is a very "me" shade, when it comes to bold lips, - I love a good bright pink.
I was very impressed with the lasting power and therefore decided to add Peach Club to my collection also.

However now, I have had them for a while, and I do have a few comments, I want to share.

The smell first of all - they smell like Play Dough, and even though we probably all at some point in our childhood have taken a small bid, while creating in dough, it really isn't a smell I enjoy on my lips.
It do however not stay around, but it always take me bit by surprise, when I first put the applicator on my lips.

Secondly, I have to admit, at least for me, this is not an easy-going lip product.
It takes me quite sometime to get it right and often I get it smeared all over my face before then!
However once it is set, it doesn't move and looks quite good.
That is at least until I eat - for me it didn't last though a meal. However it doesn't disappear completely either (like most other lip products), so you actually have to touch up.

I haven't tried that many other matte lip products, but I have heard, that these should be lot less drying than most matte lip products. If that is the case, I should probably not try other matte lip products, because I find these plenty drying.
So I do need a good balm before applying.

From the above it could sound like, I really don't like them.
That is not the case, I do find them being worth the extra time, and I love the colours I got - I get so many compliments, when I wear Pink Pong.
However they are not the lip products I reach for every day, and I will probably not get more colours (unless they bring out news ones, I can't live out).
Because I have mostly heard great/amazing reviews, I just wanted to give my opinion on them, and bring forth some of the point, that for me mean, that they don't make to the top.

So these haven't converted me to the matte lip look.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...