Thursday 12 June 2014

We all do it!… Product Battle - L'Oreal Color Riche Eye Colour Pencil vs. Sephora Jumbo Liner 12 HR Wear!

Yes, we all do it - get lured by the same type of products, colours, brands etc. over and over again.
This means, that we often end up with things very similar to each other - hell I have even bought the same lipstick twice without realising it!

I really try to be good about this, and I do actually have a few tips, such as having a wish list on my phone, and always giving it an extra thought, if it is not on that list, to avoid the above scenario to often.

However it did happen recently, when I came home with the new L'Oreal Color Riche Pencil and decided to do a bit of clean up in my eye liners and realised, that I already had a very similar colour from Sephora.

But hey, this gave me the opportunity to do product comparison, so it wasn't all bad - right? :-)

The fact, that I had forgotten about the Sephora one (which I have had for over a year), probably give some kind of indication of my feelings about that one.
However no one was to know, if I would like the other better or maybe it would be a pleasant rediscovery - so a comparison is justified :-)

Colour-wise, they are very similar, however there is slight difference.
The L'Oreal Delicate Beige is a bit more bronze, where the Sephora Beige is more peach. 
On the eyes however, they look very pretty much the same.
All together the colour selection within the two are very different - the Sephora ones come in a wide range of colours, where the L'Oreal one only is available in one other shade (at least in Denmark).

A difference between the two is also the "mechanics". Sephora has to be sharpened, where the L'Oreal is (as far as I can conclude) suppose to be twist up - however mine will not twist anywhere, no matter how much I try!

They both have good lasting power, and do take some work to remove in the evening.
The Sephora one claims to be waterproof, the L'Oreal one claims no such thing, but for me they lasted equally well any way - however I didn't take a swim, while wearing either of them :-)

For me the biggest difference is in the way they apply.
They both seem really smooth and soft, when swatched, however when it comes to applying them to the lower lash line (where I use them), the L'Oreal one just glides on so much smoother and doesn't leave "patches", as the Sephora one does.

Of course how they apply is the most important, so for me the L'Oreal one wins, even though I haven't mastered the twist up thing yet (I might just go the shop, and have them help me).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...