Wednesday 12 March 2014

Butter up Part III… Review - Eve Lom Cleanser!

This is actually not market as a cleansing balm/butter, but even in the pictures, it becomes clear, that it is very much like them.

And that is also, what drew me to it, when I saw it as a gift with a magazine subscription.



I had never really heard anything about Eve Lom before, but after a quick search, and I realised, that this was a pretty expensive product!
I know, that cost and effect doesn't always go together, but it had pretty good reviews as well, so I was quite exited to try it out.

This cleanser it very much like a butter/balm cleanser in the way, that it feels on the skin.
However the consistency is not as solid as other balm cleansers.
It is also quite grainy, but without feeling harsh or very exfoliation on the skin.
It turn into a white milky texture when water is added, which is a lot like a cleansing oil.
So to be honest calling it a straight up butter/balm cleanser, is probably not correct, it is almost like a hybrid cleanser, that includes the best of many other products.

The smell was one of the first things, I noticed - it has a very weird almost "plastic" scent, which I really don't get.
However I though it would bother me more, than it actually do.
But if you are scent sensitive, I would suggest give it a sniff before buying, because it is a really weird and not that pleasant scent.

In the beginning I used it, as I have with my other butter cleansers, as a make up remover.
According to the description on various web shops, it should be good for that, but I don't think it really did that good a job at dissolving and removing my make up, as the other butter cleansers I have tried do.
My skin have been very dry the past few months, so after a while, I decided to try to use it as my nighttime cleanser after I removed my make up instead, and here it really proved its worth.
I massage it into my skin and then go over it with my FOREO.
My skin feels really cleansed, but not stripped and all over my skin is looking really good right now, which I'm sure is partially because of this cleanser.

My biggest issue with this cleanser is the price tag - it is very expensive, a small 50 ml pot is £ 40 on feelunique.
In comparison the Antipodes Butter Cleanser, I love, is £ 25 for 75 g, and the hyped Emma Hardie one is £ 34 for 100 ml.
And I'm really not sure, I think it is that much better, than the Antipodes one.
However I did get the opportunity to get another one at a really good price through the subscribers shop with the magazine, so I did order a back up.
Because at £ 15, as I paid, it is a really great product and I do really like it.

So if you can get past the scent and the price tag, I would definitely recommend this cleanser.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...