Sunday 7 July 2013

Tangles be gone... Product battle - Tangle Teezer vs. Michel Mercier Detangling Brush!

Recently I felt is was time to get a new hair brush.
I have been loving my Tangle Teezer and was actually planing to get a new one of those.

But I had heard many good things about the Michel Mercier one, and the fact that it had a handle really intrigued me.

So I decided to get one of those instead, and I though that it would be the perfect opportunity to compare the two.


Where Tangle Teezer do one for all hair types, Michel Mercier do one for fine hair (the red), one for normal hair (the green) and one for thick hair (the blue).
I didn't actually realise this when ordering it - I picked the blue one just because of the colour.

I don't have thick hair - I have fine hair, but a lot of it!
But I don't regret getting the one for thick hair.
However I think, that it is a plus, that they do different ones for different hair types.
Especially because I have heard, that the Tangle Teezer doesn't work that well for people with very thick hair.

Design-wise I really prefer the Michel Mercier, because even though it is much bigger, it is so much easier to use because of the handle.
(I often end up throwing the Tangle Teezer across the room)



The bristles of the Michel Mercier is much stiffer. 
Where the Tangle Teezer have some short and some long, the Michel Mercier has many different lengths.

I like, that with the Michel Mercier, you really feel, that you get all the way down to the scalp.
And for wet hair, I really do feel, that this does a better job, than the Tangle Teezer.

However when it comes to dry hair or actual knots, the Tangle Teezer do a much better job.
When using the Michel Mercier in dry hair, is get so static - and that's just a big no no!
And the stiffer bristles make is hard to get rid of knots!

So the conclusion is actually very clear.
For wet hair, Michel Mercier Detangling brush is best.
For dry hair and knots, the Tangle Teezer is best.

So for the future, I will have both!
However was I forced to pick only one, it would probably be the Tangle Teezer, because I just can't stand my hair being static, and also I do tend to get some very hefty knots during the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...