Saturday 22 June 2013

Aqua Eyes... Review & Swatch - Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream!

Make Up For Ever is not normally a brand I gravitate towards on my weekly visits to Sephora.

I had an okay, but very short relationship with the Smoky Lash Mascara (it dried up very quickly) and haven't since been overly excited by the brand.

But then something came over me, and one day I found my self swatching almost every one of their Aqua Creams, which is their take on the cream shadows.
As the cream addictive I am, I had to get one.


I ended up with shade 13 (would love if, they gave them some proper names!), which is a very pretty metallic pink champagne shade.


Package-wise I really prefer this one to other cream shadows, as it is a small and handy plastic pot without any unnecessary extra packaging.
This also makes it fairly light and I wouldn't be scared to throw it in my bag and bring it on the go.


 Consistency-wise it also differs a bit from the other cream shadows.
It is more like a hybrid between a cream and a mousse - and a very pigmented one!

This means, that as where many of the Paintpots, creaseless creams etc. are best as a base, these works very well and actually best alone.

It dries and sets very quickly, and don't have the sticky feel, that makes a good base.


Because of the consistency and high pigmentation, they can be bit hard to apply.

I dab them onto the lid with a brush and them blend with my fingers.
I don't think they go on the lids as smooth as when swatched, but it isn't a huge or very noticeable difference.


As I said, it works great on its own, so that how I been using it.
However you could add a shadow in the crease or outer corner for a bit more definition.

The absolute biggest selling point for this product is the staying power.
Once set it doesn't move and looks as just applied at the end of the day.
And this is without a primer!

Conclusion:
All together I'm very impressed!
The few downsides (mostly the application problems, I had) is very well made up by the high pigmentation and great staying power as well as the beautiful result it gives.

Even though it is a bit more on the pricey side, I would definitely recommend the Aqua Creams.
Especially if you prefer easy going make up, that doesn't require much effort.

I got mine at Sephora in Copenhagen, where it retails for DKK 180,- (around £ 20).
They do a wide range of colours, however many of them are bright colours, which I however never would pay that amount for.

Have you tried any of the MUFE Aqua Creams?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...