Friday 10 May 2013

Let Me Blue Your Mind.... Review and Inspiration - Wet N' Wild ColorIcon in Blue Had Me At Hello!

For spring/summer I like a bit colour pop on my eyes.

This Wet n' Wild palette has some great blues, so create a lovely summer look.
And the price justify getting it only for summer use:-)
(they also do one with purples, I really want).



I have to admit, that I mostly got it for the top four colours.
But again it is very affordable even if you only use two or three of the shadows.


Most of the shadows are metallic, but the palette also has a matte black and shimmery navy and black.

Wet n' Wild do great shadows, and these are no exception.
Super smooth and pigmented and comparable to higher end shadows in my opinion.

I think most girls (especially my generation) has a tendency to avoid blue, because it reminds of some less flattering looks from the 80's.

So I want to show you some looks I did with this palette, that is current and very wearable.

Look one:


For this look I used the light grayish blue (second shadow in first row) all over the lid.
To make it stand out, I used a pearly white cream shadow (Benefit Tattle Tale) under.
(you can use a creamy white pencil as well).

To give it some more warmth, I added a matte light brown (Naked from Urban Decay is perfect) in the crease and along the lower lash line.

For inner corner highlight, I used the metallic white from the palette (first shadow in first row).

A bit of brown kohl along the upper lash line and of course mascara to finish of the look.

Look two:


This is bit more bright, but still very wearable and perfect for the summer.

For this look I used a metallic orange bronze shadow all over the lid (I used Sephora Sun-Kissed).

Along the lower lash line I used the turquoise (second shadow in second row).
Along the upper lash line I used a bit of the metallic navy (third shadow in second row), but only half way in.

For inner corner highlight, I used the mint (first shadow in second row).
This is probably my favourite shadow in the palette.

And then a lot of mascara top and bottom.

I definitely prefer this second look!

If you are very daring, you could do the turquoise all over the lid with some golden bronze in the crease and outer corner and along the lower lash line.
For a night out with black liner and plenty of mascara.

I hope this gave you some inspiration for some colourful looks for summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...