Tuesday 2 April 2013

Pink Road... NOTD/Review - Barry M Textured Effect Nails in Kingsland Road.

As I wrote in my last NOTD post, I really wanted to try a texture nail polish.
I went for the cheaper option with this trend, and got the Barry M Textured Effect Nails.


I got the colour Kingsland Road, which is light baby pink with a hint of peach.


When you first apply it, it does actually just look like there are small bits and bobbles in the polish.
But once it starts drying, you see the different.
However you will not be able to see the final effect before it's completely dry.

I applied three coats in the evening, and at first I really wasn't impressed.
But when I woke up the next morning, the textured effect was very fully "developed".
And I actually really love it.


However this is probably (as with so many other trends) not for everybody.
If you prefer a glossy, smooth and very slick look for you manicure, this isn't for you.
However if you were a fan of the matte top coat and like something a bit more edgy, you will probably like these.

I really like, that it gives texture, but without you everything getting cut in it (as with the caviar manicure).


If you decide to try out these, remember this:
1) Apply in the evening before going to bed, so that they dry completely.
2) Apply 3 coats for the best result.

As you shouldn't use a topcoat, it doesn't last to long.
For me a day and a half, were a normal manicure normally last two to three days for me.


I really hope, that Barry M brings out more colours, but I do however already have my eye on Ridley Road.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...