Friday 12 April 2013

Match me truely... Review - L'Oreal True Match Foundation!

I been wanting to try this for quite a while, because I had heard, that it was great for fair skin.

So when I found it on offer at Feelunique, with an extra 10 % of, I thought why not.


Shade Selection:
This is probably one of the high street foundations, that has the widest selection of shades.
I got N1 Ivory, which is a pretty good match for my skin.

Consistency:
It's a liquid foundation with a big L.
It's very fluid!



Coverage and finish:
I was actually expecting the coverage to be much heavier.
I would say, that it's light to medium, but buildable.

The finish is neither dewy nor matte - but probably more matte than dewy.
So actually not like I normally prefer a foundation.


It has an SPF of 17, and do leave quite a white cast in flash photography.
(the picture above, was the only out of 10, where I didn't look like a ghost!).

As with L'Oreal Lumi Foundation, I found, that it's quite hard to blend into the skin perfectly.
It has a tendency to leave streaks.

This one also has a nasty downside, that it clings to any dry patches and sits in your pores.
I used the Daniel Sandler Primer above, and this helps a lot, but doesn't eliminate the problem completely.

Conclusion:
Unfortunately I'm not to happy about this foundation.
I doesn't really suite my skin type - I don't have overly dry skin, but do have noticeable pores, and I don't want a foundation to "highlight" them and the few dry patches, I do have.

However I don't think it's horrible, and I have used it quite a lot for every day.
But should a pick a high street foundation, I definitely prefer the Bourjois Healthy Mix or Rimmel Match Perfection.
And I also think the L'Oreal Lumi is better choice, if you really want a L'Oreal foundation.

It might be better in the summer, when my skin is a bit more oily.
If that's the case, I will let you know.

But if you have dry skin and especially dry patches and noticeable pores, I probably wouldn't recommend this one for you.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...