Monday 25 March 2013

Gold Feather... Nail of the day & Review of Nails Inc. Feather Polish!

Texture polishes are all the rave right now, and when I saw the feather polished from current favourite nail polish brand Nails Inc., I was very intrigued. 

So for this manicure, I combined the texture trend with the new simple dot trend.

Nails Inc. Chester feathers on top of H&M gold polish and OPI Bright light - Big Color.


For this look I layered Nails Inc. Chester Feathers over an old shimmery gold polish from H&M.
For the middle finger and ring finger I used OPI Brights Light-Big Color and did the dot with the gold polish from H&M.


The review:

The first time I used the feather polish, I used it on its own.
I applied two coats, which made it pretty much opaque.
But this didn't really worked out very well.
After one day, the whole nail of polish just started falling of.
One actually flung at an old man in my doctors office, when I took of my coat!!

So I knew, that for my second try with this, I had to use it as a base coat.
And I really love it on top of the gold.
It has quite a heavy amount of "feathers", so you barely see the gold.
But it just gives a very nice effect.

So all in all, I really like this polish, but only when using one layer over another polish.

I probably won't get the other colours though, because I think, this was the most interesting one and I don't think it's that fantastic an effect polish!
So this is not a "most-have", if you ask me, however I will be definitely be using this a lot for this spring and summer.


Nails Inc. also came out with the Concrete polishes, which I was also very tempted to try.
But Barry M do a much cheaper version, so for now I have only ordered one of those.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...