Friday 29 March 2013

Clean with a bit of fun.... Brand Talk - Anatomicals!

In my December favourites, I featured the Anatomicals Make Your Scalp Yelp! Shampoo, and I have been in love with it ever since.

But I was running low, so I decided to do a little Anatomicals order on ASOS, to rebuy that one and try out some other things from them.


About the brand:
They have very affordable skin, body and hair products and also some quite odd accessories, such as a sleep mask.

All the products I have tried are paraben free.

Their slogan is "We only want you for your body", and the whole brand do have quite a humorous tone.

All the products have very funny and quite saying names, and where many other brands give long and in depth descriptions of the product and its use on both front and back, these don't.
Every product have a little odd story or introduction on the back instead.
I have actually laughed quite hard in the shower, when reading them.

You can read more about the brand here.

The products I got:

Sud the lot of you - Mango and papaya body cleanser:

First lets talk about the packaging, I love that it has a pump!
Unfortunately this is the only really good thing, I have to say about this product.

I got it because, I once had a shower cream from Yves Rocher with mango and papaya scent, and it smelled devine.
This doesn't!
It smells like really synthetic kids lemonade - not very nice!
But then again, scent is such an individual thing, so it might be just perfect for others.
But don't get it, if you think it will smell fruity, fresh and tropical.

The other thing is, that you need quite a lot of product to get it to lather up probably.
 So all in all, I'm not to impressed with this.

It's £ 3, so not to bad, but there are plenty other shower gels out there at the same price, that are much better and smells much nicer.

Peachy Head - Peach Shampoo for Suicidal hair:

I have only tried this once, and where I really didn't like the smell of the shower gel, I really like this one.
It's still a bit synthetic, but it doesn't bother me in the same way, as it do with the shower gel.

I think it's hard to say, if I did any difference, as I've only used it once, and I will always use a conditioner after it.

But if I do end up really liking it, you will probably hear more about it in the future.

Make your scalp yelp! - Head shock shampoo:

I use this about once a week, to "freshen" up my scalp.
It do leave quite a tingling feeling on the scalp, and it might be to much for some people.
But for me, who has a dry and sometimes itchy scalp, it's heaven.
(just make sure not to get it in your eyes, that stings like hell!)

 I really understand why this is almost always sold out on ASOS.

At £ 2.80 it's such a great buy!

So all in all, I like the brand, if nothing else, then at least for their quirky and different universe.

You can buy it here at ASOS.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...