Friday 22 February 2013

Stop Chipping... Product battle - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat vs. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat!

I have been using the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri for years, and have always been very satisfied with the result.

But after my good experience with the OPI Nail Envy as a base coat, I really wanted to see, if the Seche Vite also lived up to the hype.


The Seche Vite is almost twice the price of the Sally Hansen.
So of course it should, in my mind, be twice as good :-)

They both give a very glossy finish, but the Seche Vite is a bit more glossy and has an almost gel like surface, and once dried, I think the finish is nicer and more "flawless" with the Seche Vite.

Also the Sally Hansen have a tendency to create small bubbles.

But when it comes to dry time, the Sally Hansen is better.

When it comes to chipping, I tested them together, and the nails with Sally Hansen did start chipping before the Seche Vite.
However I didn't feel that my manicure lasted longer all together with the Seche Vite.

Twice as good?:

I don't think it's twice as good, but I think Seche Vite, especially when it comes to the gel like finish and feeling, is noticeable better than the Sally Hansen.
And even though my manicure still only lasts for three days, it looks flawless longer.

So I do think, that the Seche Vite is worth the extra money, and I'm definitely converted.

I still think Sally Hansen is a good top coat, and if you don't like a very glossy gel look, that is probably the better choice for you!

So in a head to head battle, the Seche Vite wins, despite the higher price.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...