Sunday 24 February 2013

Eye it up!.... Review and swatches - Make Up Store Eye Shadows!

A few weekends ago I discovered, that the last Inglot store in Denmark is closing (probably closed by now), and if you read my post about the Inglot shadows, you will probably know, that this was quite a disaster in my opinion!

In the same shopping center there is a Make Up Store shop.
I have walked by it for years, but never went in - Don't really know why.
But now when I was on the quest to find a substitute for Inglot, I went in.


And ended up getting three shadows.
Two from their Cybershadow range and one from the Microshadow range.
(Besides the size, I don't really know, what the difference is!)
About the brand:
Make Up Store is a Swedish brand, and the concept is very much like MAC.
The have a wide range of beauty products.

They have stores all around the world.
You can read more and see, if there is a store near you here.

The shadows I got:

Cybershadows in Meteor and Venus and Microshadow in Kakaw.
Meteor:
A perfect light shimmery champagne gold, that is just perfect for as a highlight colour.

Venus:
I always get drawn to these kind of mid pinky warm golden browns.
So I didn't really needed this one, but I swatches it several times in the shop, and just had to have it!

Kakaw:
The perfect matte dark brown.
I have been hunting for a colour like this for a while.
It's perfect as a liner.

Swatches:

Make Up Store Cybershadow in Meteor and Venus and Microshadow in Kakaw.
They all have very good pigmentation.

I'm mostly impressed with the matte shadow. 
It's not often you find a matte, that is so soft and pigmented.

I'm not as sold with these, as I was with the Inglot shadows.
But I think, that they are quite good, and I have been reaching for them, especially the highlight colour and the dark brown.

Look using the shadows:


Venus all over the lid.
Meteor as inner corner and brow highlight and Kakaw as liner and along the lower lash line.

Final opinion:

I do really like the shadows, and as I said, I have been reaching for them a lot lately.

Pricewise the a bit lower than MAC, but also quite a bit higher than Inglot.

But still I would probably visit the shop again, and try more product from them.

I also got a fine liner brush for gel liner, which I'm in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...