Tuesday 15 January 2013

Parlez-vous français...Review - La Roche-Porsay Effaclar Duo!

So the last year the whole beauty community became Francophile!
French skin care has been on every bodies lips.
I did go for the Bioderma trend, as I mentioned before, my skin is to sensitive for those kind of waters (a had a brief affair with the This Works 5 in 1 Water, which wasn't very successful!!)

But this creme I was very tempted by.
I don't have oily skin, but I do have problems with blackheads, small pimples (the occasional big one), large pores and redness.
So I was very interested in to see, if this creme could solve these problems.


I have used it for month and have had quite a roller coaster ride with it!
Here are my thoughts (and story).
 I really don't know if it's actually suppose to be a moisturiser or just kind of a spot treatment.
And I'm not the only one.
But to begin with, I really thought, that it was suppose to be a moisturiser!

It's a very gel-like texture, and it has kind of citrus scent, which I really don't care for!

As I said, I don't have oily skin - quite the contrary. 
I have very dehydrated skin.
But I have used the Neutrogena Oil-free moisturiser as a night creme for a long time, and never found that it wasn't hydrating enough.
So I thought, that it would be the same with this one.
But NO!

For the first 2-3 weeks I used it alone as a moisturiser, only at night though.
And it properly f***** up my skin!
To start with I could rub of my skin after applying it, which I hate!
But also it was so drying on my skin, that I got big dry patches.

But then I saw a someone (unfortunate don't remember who), that said, that she used more as a treatment or a serum under her daily moisturiser!

So I decided to give it another go.
And to really make up for the lack of moisture, I went with an old super hydrating favourite Bio Oil, to go on top of it.


And this really change everything!

This is the perfect combination.
And I have seen a change in my skin, I really think that this combination together with another product (review coming) have had a great impact on my skin.
My pores are less noticeable, I have less blackheads and I don't get as many pimples.

So even though I still don't care for the scent, I will keep using this product and probably also rebuy it.

So as a moisturiser I give it a 0, but for a treatment under moisturiser, I give it about an 8 - Because even though I see a difference, it's not miracle creme.
But at the price it's great product!

In Denmark you can buy it at pharmacies, and in the UK, I know, that it's available at Boots.

So try it out, but remember a good hydrating product/moisturiser on top, if you don't have super oily skin.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...