Friday 25 January 2013

One Shade of Grey... How to use the grey in Palettes!

We all love our palettes, but I think most of us reach for brown neutral shades mostly.
And I'm no exception.

But I actually think, I have found a good way to use the grey in these palettes.

For this one I have used the Urban Decay Naked Palette.


For the look I used the following:



For base I used the shadow end of the ELF Studio Eyeliner & Shadow stick in smoke.
This is actually a great very long wearing cream shadow stick, and I really like these.
A good trick is so warm it up between you hands.

For shadows I used Urban Decay Virgin, Sidecar and Gunmetal.
I started with Virgin on the inner half of the lid.
Then Gunmetal of the outer third and then blended the two together with with Sidecar.
(in Stila In The Light, I would use Kitten, Champagne and Night Sky)

For liner on the waterline and lower lash line I used GOSH Velvet Touch Eye Liner in Pure Natural.
(Alternatively you can use Rimmel Scandal'Eyes Kohl Liner in Taupe).


Virgin on top of the smoke cream shadow just gives the a beautiful almost duo chrome look, which unfortunately doesn't really shows in pictures.
But I promise you it looks great in real life, so try it out :-)


So I hope, this gave you some inspiration to use the grey in your palettes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...