Sunday 13 January 2013

A Nail Miracle?... Review - OPI Nail Envy.

I have been dying to try the OPI Nail Envy for a long time, but I've always been put of my the price.

But when my brother asked me, what I wanted for Christmas, I wrote OPI Nail Envy as my top wish.
And he did good!


I mainly wanted it, to use for a base coat, as it's normally in this context people rave about it.
But I decided to try its nail strengthening abilities out first.

I have tried several nail strengtheners in the past, and they never seemed to do anything for my very weak and soft nails.

But at this price I actually expected it to be good - so I did have my hopes up.

Day 1:

This is how my nails looked after applying the first two coats on day one.


  I really like the shine, that it gives, so my first impression was good.

Then I went a week, where I applied one coat every other day!

And after that week my nails looked like this:


You might think, that they doesn't look very much longer - and you are right!
That is not because my nails grow very slowly, but the fact that one the fifth day, they were so damaged, that I had to cut them!
Also I really think they were dirty all the time, no matter how much I washed and cleaned them.
And towards the end, it really started chipping like a mofo!

So all in all as a Nail Strengthener I would give it a big fat 0!

So I decided to go back to my original idea of using it as a base coat - a very expensive base coat though!

Normally nail polish last about a day on my nails, may one and a half, if I'm very lucky.
And I have tried all sorts of bases and top coats and a million tips and tricks!

However the problem is actually not chipping, but that the whole nail of polish just loosens from the actual nail, so that I can pill it all of in one piece, which do save me a lot in nail polish remover though!
So I kind of knew, that the problem was in the base.

And I most say, OPI Nail Envy did make a difference - Actually a big difference.
I did my nail Wednesday evening before bed, and didn't remove (with nail polish remover) until Sunday evening!!
It did start chipping Saturday evening, but that's a top coat problem, and still this was after three days!

Just to make sure I did another round.
I applied Sunday evening and removed it Wednesday evening, so again three days, and this time it was also a chipping issue!

So for a base coat OPI Nail Envy gets a big fab 10!
It will probably be my HG base coat.

So now I really want to find a top coat, that prevents chipping better, than the one I have now, so that I can get to four days :-)
I thinking the Seche Vite - What's your favourite top coat?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...